Are you thinking about getting pregnant and want to give you and your baby the best start? I offer pre-conception counseling for anyone trying to conceive. This is normally a 1—2 hour visit where we discuss:
- Lifestyle choices such as diet and exercise for both parents
- Supplementation for increased fertility for both parents
- Discussion of health history and natural management of issues if applicable
- Fertility Awareness: Learning to track your cycle to know when you ovulate, optimize chance of conception, and increase the odds of conceiving a male or female child. You can also use this method to avoid conception.
- Preliminary Fertility Testing In cases of infertility, to determine if a referral for further fertility testing or assisted reproductive technology (ART) might be indicated
- The fee is $60—100. If you conceive and then choose me as your midwifery provider, I will apply this amount towards your balance!
The most critical period of fetal organ development takes place in the first 4-10 weeks of pregnancy. Preconception care allows parents to maximize the health of themselves and their baby before this critical period begins!
At your Preconception Visit, we may also discuss:
- Lab tests as needed
- Awareness of your body’s fertility signals and how to work with them to achieve pregnancy, or a discussion of options to avoid pregnancy until you’re ready
- LGBTQ family building options if applicable
- Your social support network
- Stress levels
- Parenting Questions or Concerns
- History of abuse or violence
- Genetic background
- Family planning education including trying-to-conceive or birth control options
- Education and referrals for fertility treatments as needed
Get the best start possible for your next pregnancy!